Tax Enquiry Fee Protection Service
At Sloane & Co. we understand that tax is a little word with big implications. That is why we work hard to give you the best possible advice and strategies to make tax altogether less taxing.
The very thought of an HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) enquiry can be daunting but, in the event that you are chosen for investigation, we can help you at every step of the process.
We can demonstrate to HMRC that you are paying the correct amount of tax and assist with the investigative procedures. This all takes time, expense, and flexibility on our behalf. All of which means that tax enquiry charges are an unavoidable addition to our regular service fees.
To give you peace of mind we offer a Tax Enquiry Fee Protection Service. The service is provided by Taxwise, specialist providers of Tax Fee Protection Insurance Schemes to Accountancy Practices. The Service is backed by an insurance policy under which we can claim the costs of defending clients in tax enquiries.
We will deal with any correspondence, checks or visits from HMRC and the potentially high costs of dealing with such enquiries will not be passed on to you. As an added bonus, clients who subscribe to the Service will also be able to obtain helpful advice about the complex areas of Employment Law and Business Safety.
As a valued client we strongly recommend that you take advantage of this service.
Fees for this service are based on the size of the company or individuals tax affairs, as per the below:
|Company Turnover||Cost to Client|
|Up to 350k||140.00|
|350k - 1m||175.00|
|1m - 2m||210.00|
|2m - 3m||245.00|
|3m - 4m||280.00|
|4m - 6m||315.00|
|Over 6m / Audit clients||Call for quote|
|Sole Trader or Partnership||140.00|
|Personal tax Return||75.00|
The above fees include VAT and are only available for clients of Sloane & Co.
Company Directors that are clients of Sloane & Co are covered for their personal tax returns under the company fees.
Should you require further information, please contact Mark Allen.
Why do I need the fee protection service?
- HMRC enquiry activity is at record levels
- HMRC are targeted to increase tax revenues
- HMRC has been granted wider information and inspection powers under ‘Schedule 36’
- Anyone that pays tax can come under enquiry
- Many enquiries are selected completely at random
- Even if your tax return and business records are accurate and the taxman finds no errors accountancy fees can cost thousands
- No policy excess
- No nonsense policy allowing your accountant to deal with all enquiry correspondence from HMRC as well as attending meetings with HMRC where necessary
- Complete peace of mind
What is the fee protection service?
- Your accountant will defend you, should you receive an enquiry from HMRC... Professional defence costs are often substantial
- These costs will be covered by your accountants policy
- Includes cover for enquiries under HMRC’s ‘Schedule 36’ powers
- Cover for up to £75,000 of fees
- Includes complimentary access to Employment Law and Business Safety advice lines
- Your accountant will deal with any claims